Monday, September 29, 2008

Because who doesn't love a good walken?...

Unfortunately, for those of you in LA, this Thursday, October 2nd will be the last time to watch such geniousity as it will be traveling to San Francisco. This wonderful little performance takes you through the dynamic life of Christopher Walken via different actors/tresses versed in Walken intonation. I was able to catch a performance of "All About Walken" last month. Iliza Shlesinger, winner of "Last Comic Standing," opened the show with her true to life critiques of our society. I especially enjoyed when she did a bit on Hawaii and the people sitting closest to my friend and attempted to nonchalantly look at us. (We are NOT Hawaiian). But back to the actual show...it was highlarious. The show consisted of multiple impersonations of Christopher Walken, yet each one wasn't the same. Every cast member had their own Walken style and I have to admit, some seemed more on par than others to me, but every one was great nonetheless. Amy Kelly's impersonation of Robert Dinero blew me out of the water. It was so on point, that she even started to look like him to me. That was probably one of my favorite impressions of the night, if not THE one.

If ya'll want to try and catch the last Los Angeles showing it will be at 8 pm this Thursday, Octber 2nd at Theatre 68.


Those of you in San Francisco can catch it Saturday, October 25 and Sunday, October 26 at 7 pm showing at The Clubhouse.


Check out their Myspace for more info:
http://www.myspace.com/allaboutwalken

No comments: